Tuesday, April 15, 2008

1" Taller in 2 weeks!

They recently passed a new law in our state requiring children under 4'8" to wear booster seats. I measured all my children and found that the 13 1/2, 11 1/2, 9 3/4, 5, and 3 year olds were under the new requirement. We expected the 3 and 5 year old children to need to be in the booster. Can anyone imagine taking a 13 year old to the local high school in a booster seat? It's just not going to happen. At the same time I measured our 15 year old dd, who was 5'4".

Today, some of the kids wanted to be remeasured. I used the opportunity to teach them to change inches to feet because we were using a sewing measuring tape. My 15 year old dd was also measured. She is now 5'5". Her physical therapy is working wonders! She is thrilled to now be 2 1/2 inches taller than her older sister and almost as tall as me.

Btw, I learned yesterday that children older than 9 are excused from the booster seat requirement.

No comments: