Monday, June 23, 2008

Getting in Shape

My blood pressure has been high lately and I've been feeling sluggish. Last week, I began taking better care of myself. I am doing all the things I don't do as well as I should: eating more vegetables and fruits, getting enough sleep, and exercising more. One week later, I'm shocked at how much better I feel. I have more energy, I'm sleeping better, and my edema is gone.

I tend to put off exercise because my children require my attention or some household task urgently needs to be completed. My solution to this problem is to take the children with me.
The children have been doing a lot of walking with me. This morning I decided to give the kids a break. I got up early to walk with my husband before he left for work. My 3 year old heard me getting my walking shoes out of the closet. She ran into the room and asked if she could go too. We took her with us to the arboretum. She walked 1 1/2 miles with us before getting tired. What a trooper. Maybe she should be my walking buddy.

No comments: