Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Unexpected Gifts

My brother and sister-in-law came down last weekend to visit. They had been to a garage sale earlier in the week and noticed 2 large racks of material for sale. My brother bought all the material and gave it to my mom, my niece, and me. My mom and I went through the fabric together on Monday and did the first split. There were 7 large plastic bins of fabric. I came home with 3 large bins. I was amazed at the quality and variety of the fabrics. We divided the brushed suede, linen, pre-quilted, flannel, knits, and denim. I began making Christmas presents and plan to spend all day Thursday in my bedroom sewing.

This weeks completed sewing projects: 4 lounge pants, 1 quilted robe, 1 pillow, and 1 quilt top.




I hand appliqued the leaves, but machine sewed all the seams. The quilting with be done by hand around the applique, but the borders will be machine quilted. Too little time, too many projects!

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

Ummm... WOW!

(About half my stash is garage sale fabric and the clearing out of my mom's and mother-in-law's stashes! I can't ever turn down free and nearly free fabric!)