Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday


My 9 year old turned 10 yesterday. She was excited about finally being in "double digits." We allowed her to have a friend spend the night, but did not throw a birthday party this year. My children usually have two or three parties with their friends during their childhood. The other birthdays are celebrated with family and possible an overnight guest. My daughter and her friend spent the evening shooting off balloon rockets, which scream when flying through the air.
After calling them in around 9 (don't want to upset the neighbors), the girls watched a Hannah Montana DVD from the library. They were asleep by 11:00. This morning at 8:00 the sound of screaming balloons could be heard in my front yard. My four older kids, the friend who spent the night, and a neighbor boy were shooting off the rockets again. Obviously the $5 for the rockets was money well spent!

My daughter asked for burritos for dinner and chocolate cake with chocolate icing and mint chocolate chip ice cream. My husband was able to be home for supper and prepared is homemade salsa. He made so much salsa that I was able to freeze 3 quarts this morning!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your 10 year old! It's fun to see a face with the name on the calendar!

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog. What an amazing life you have! And your children are beautiful.

Oh, Happy Birthday to your 10-year-old, too!