Monday, September 21, 2009

Family Time


The weather was beautiful this past weekend. Mike and I took all the kids to a local forest and walked through the trails. Boy do I need to get more exercise! We walked around 3 miles and up several steep hills. It's always such a pleasure to get outside and enjoy nature. The leaves are beginning to change colors in our area. So my youngest girls collected colored leaves. Madelyn, Joe, Paige and Allie also collected rocks. Why are rocks so fascinating to children? I remember collecting tons of rocks when I was a child. Paige and Allie completed the entire walk with bulging pockets. After about 2 miles, Paige asked Katie to carry her rocks. Kate carried them for a while, then told Paige to come get her rocks. Paige stated that Katie was supposed to carry them the rest of the way. Paige ended up carrying her own rocks.



The whole family minus Amy (off at college) and me (designated photographer.)



Madelyn exploring the creek.



Paige marked the trail by making smiley-faces on the path using water from her water bottle.



Joe getting ready to fly his homemade kite.



Katie taking a breather on a garbage can.

No comments: