Thursday, June 3, 2010

Peace and Harmony

It's happened. I've entered the crabby/critical zone. Poor Mike was trimming bushes in the front yard and I wasn't polite in my critique of his efforts. Granted the bushes were becoming eyesores, BUT he was out there working and sweating to trim the large quantity of bushes that needed some TLC. I was sitting on the lawn chair reading a biography of Ben Franklin to Paige and Allie, not breaking a sweat. He didn't need my unhelpful comments. Sometimes, I want to cut out my tongue. I am a bad wife. Fortunately, Mike is a wonderful man who forgives my infrequent shrewish streak. I need to bake oatmeal cookies as a peace offering.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Karen, at least you recognized it, stopped and apologized. We all have moments! Besides they will grow back-trust me I know. I didn't see how severely my husband trimmed our shrubs until he was done. Oh my.