Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Healthier Habits

A dear friend spent the last year losing weight....a lot of weight. She's inspired me to make healthier choices in my own life. I've been exercising regularly, but not to excess. Due to our life on a budget, I need to lose weight without dropping tons of money on meetings and pre-measured, prepared foods. Weight Watchers has a good program, but I spend too much time looking for ways to get more food for my allotted points. The Biggest Loser is inspiring, but I can't spend 5-6 hours each day exercising. It also appears that past winners aren't able to keep the weight off in the long term. Maybe because they lose the weight outside of their normal life.

Anyhow, now that I've got 2 months of exercise under my belt and have developed the exercise habit, I'll be embarking on a plan to change my eating habits. My friend (with the hugely successful weight loss) has agreed to be my weight loss coach and keep me motivated. I'm trying to look at this as a change of habits and lifestyle as opposed to a diet or quick fix. I didn't gain weight overnight; I can't lose it quickly either. Anyone with words of wisdom? I'd love to hear from you!!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Plan ahead. Plan for your day, plan for your week, plan for your life! When you have a plan you are less likely to grab food all willy nilly when you are hungry.

Eat at regular intervals. Never let yourself get super hungry. Remember food is fuel.

You go girl!!!