Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Choir

Amy and I joined the choir at the church we are attending. Amy has sang in choirs since she was a young child. I sang in choirs since junior high until about 8 years ago. At that time we were driving 40 minutes one way to church and the children were young. It didn't seem appropriate for me to be gone for several hours each week while expecting the older children to watch the younger crowd.

It's been a lot of fun. We have really enjoyed singing in parts and the pleasure of singing with a group of lovely people. Last week, the choir director asked if we were going to be around for Christmas Eve service. Upon learning that we would be around, she mentioned that Amy and I would be singing a solo....with four other people. My mind began racing when she talked about a solo (I hate singing or playing instruments alone.) Eventually, I realized that the director meant that we would be singing in a quartet. Much better!!

Tonight we got our music. The song is fairly easy, except Amy and I keep getting one phrase wrong. Instead of "watching over their sleep" we keep singing "watching over their sheep." Hopefully, we'll get it through our heads soon. My nerves will be bad enough without worrying about tripping over the words.

No comments: