Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cough, cough, sniff, sneeze

We have a bug running through the house right now. It's too the point where I take everyone's temperature each morning to see who is healthy enough to be driven through the paper route. The outside temperatures have been extremely cold, too cold for a child to walk through the route.

The kids have been put on a light school schedule until we are all feeling better. I'm assigning work based on how each person is feeling. One day, everyone was feverish and achy. Instead of doing any written work, I read aloud almost all day. Everyone wrapped up in blankets and spent the day lying on couches or on the family room floor with pillows. The fireplace blazed and hot tea was drank. It was one of my favorite school days this winter. Quiet. Restful. Productive. What more could a homeschool mom want?

Today, Madelyn wasn't running a fever, so she was chosen to deliver Joe's paper route. Silly girl wanted to deliver in a sweatshirt and no coat! I'm glad she's feeling better, but wind chills hovering around -20 and an air temperature around 0 mean warm coats, hats, gloves, scarves, etc. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get some of my children to dress warmly.

The temperatures are supposed to reach 40 on Sunday. I'm praying that we're all feeling better. It would be wonderful to be able to go letterboxing in the balmy weather.

No comments: