Saturday, June 25, 2011

Visit from a Friend

This morning we had unexpected visitors. Kim and her family were returning from the lake and were driving almost right by our house, so they stopped to visit. It was such a wonderful surprise! One of the best parts of my entire week! Kim and I were talking in the family room, when she jumped up and said that someone had just hit her car. We quickly went out front. A neighbor was backing out from their drive and backed into Kim's van.

The neighbor immediately pulled over to the side of the road to inspect the damages. The van had a hole in the front bumper from my neighbor's truck hitch. Kim called the police to get a report for insurance purposes. When she gave the address, Kim was told that our intersection did not exist. After a short discussion, dispatch said that an officer would arrive soon.

I felt terrible that my dear friend's van had been hit in front of my home. A month ago, her van needed repairs from being hit in a grocery store parking lot. Maybe she should paint her van day-glo orange? I wonder if she has an invisibility cloaking device and doesn't realize it?

Kim stayed for a nice long chat after the police left. It was such a wonderful surprise to see her. Hopefully, she hasn't been scare away from coming again soon.

No comments: