Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sewing

I normally spend a lot of time sewing during the longs days of summer. The kids are outside and I can whip up some Christmas gifts, make some summer and winter clothing, and even do a few fun projects. Four summer tops were made for Paige and Allie in May and June. Two dish towels were whipped up a week ago and then my sewing machine died. I have no clue what is wrong with it. We made a huge investment in a high quality machine 6 years ago. I even remembered to take it in for servicing. Now it won't turn on. Bummer. There isn't enough money to get the machine fixed right now, so I'll be packing up my material and sewing supplies and putting them in deep storage. The "new" space will get filled with projects that I can complete with hand sewing and other crafty supplies. Out of sight....out of mind. Hopefully.

No comments: