Monday, August 15, 2011

Garage Sale Time

I decided to begin to tackle the basement today. Mike was supposed to sort it out this month, but he has been busy searching for cars, repairing cars, and taking me letterboxing that he won't be able to get it sorted out. I don't want to begin another fall and winter with a basement cluttered with stuff.

Madelyn and Joe hauled 8 boxes of Fisher Price Little People sets up for me. We have two different sets. Amy and Katie had the original sets that they loved. Neither of the girls wanted to get rid of their sets and the other children loved them, so I never got rid of them. Madelyn, Paige and Allie all received sets of the newer style of Little People as gifts. The sets are cute, but don't allow as much imagination as the older sets.

During our 3 hour sorting session, we managed to put all the correct pieces together for each set. Paige and Allie asked if they could play with the "peoples" but I meanly wouldn't let them today. No one wants to get rid of any of the sets, so they were carefully labels and found a storage spot in the basement.

I did manage to collect 1 plastic tub full of toys that we can get rid of without tears. My first inclination was to take the toys to the local Goodwill Store. Madelyn begged to be allowed to have a garage sale. We don't have a garage sale, so any sale will need to be held on our front porch and in the front yard. It's much easier to have a garage sale, especially if it rains. But, I allowed myself to be talked into letting her have a sale. We're going to spend the rest of the week sorting out cupboards, closets, drawers and the BASEMENT to prepare for the sale this weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments: