Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Musings


I felt like a fool this morning, but had to ask the question anyway. "What is the day of the week today?" Madelyn looked at me in surprise and told me it was Tuesday. For some reason, it seemed like a Wednesday. Eventually, I figured out why I was so confused. Mike normally works Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays. He goes in at noon on Sunday, so we are able to go to church together. This week, he took Sunday off for Madelyn's confirmation and then took Monday off to rest. Since he was home on a normal school day (not the shorter one's we do on Tuesday and Thursday) he did a number of odd jobs around the house. He offered to cook the meals and then spent time organizing the pantry, refrigerator and freezer. Those jobs were on my To Do list and I really appreciate him tackling them. It is so much easier to cook when supplies are in their normal place. As a thank you to him, I mowed the yard today. It was good exercise and a very pretty afternoon. Paige and Allie spent some time gathering up sticks. The yard looks a lot better, but I still need to use the weed wacker and clean out the garden beds.

No comments: