Monday, July 16, 2012

Easy Fourth of July Banner

Paige and Allie wanted to make Fourth of July decorations.  I didn't have many craft supplies around the house, so they make construction paper start that were decorated with glitter.  Paige helped me complete this simple banner.  We hung it on the house near the picnic tables.

I took various scraps of red, white and blue prints which were cut into triangles.  We sewed the triangles together and turned them right-side out.  After closing the open edge, the triangles were sewn on navy blue ribbon.  The project was quick and easy, so Paige was able to help create it.  It's the first project that she's completed with me and I think we will do many more projects together this school year.  We may even make a fall banner in a few weeks to celebrate the beginning of the school year.

No comments: