Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Three Years and Two Moves Later

We've now lived in our small town for three years.  The kids are flourishing here.  They have made friends and connections in the community.  They love being able to walk where ever they need to go.  I like our new neighbors more than they neighbors at the house we're trying to sell.  I love the property and wildlife that I see everyday.  I enjoy having so much space for our large family.  The decision to move our family more than an hour away from extended family and friends was not made easily.  It WAS the right decision for us.

So why did I wake up last night longing to go "home"? 

Later in the morning, I was pondering what I missed from our last community.  I dearly miss my sisters and mom, nieces and nephews.  I miss the worlds best library.  I miss the friends that knew me from way back when.  Too many years have passed since we left. The closeness of former friends and family is gone.   "Home" no longer exists for me. 


1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm so sorry, Karen. I've suffered from loneliness off and on for years myself. Are you extroverted or introverted?