Thursday, August 13, 2026

Seasons of Life

A friend asked about my Blog today and I realized that many years have passed since my last post. Things have changed so much in my ife that I briefly considered deleting the blog. It does not refect my current stage in life. The memories from the days of being a homeschool mom with a full house of children are too precious to delete. The blog will survive. The main focus on The Adventures of Karen is going to change, but the name will remain the same. Mike and I are still happily married and still have 7 great children who enrich our lives with their presence. We have added two wonderful son-in-laws and 1 grandson to our family. These three males help to even out the ratio of males to females. Amy purchased a home in the town where we live. She has a small dog named Hela who rules the home. It is lovely to have her in town. My favorite afternoons are when she calls and asks if I want to make a trip to Marshalls. Kate and husband TJ moved to Oregon recently. They love the area and are excited about their future. Steve is teaching guitar in the nearby large town and performs regularly in musicals, community events, the symphony and with a couple of groups. Joe lives in the nearby large city and works in a factory. He still has an ecclectic range of interests. Kayaking, cycling, and now wood working are some of his current passions. Madelyn is married to Robert and had our grandson in February. They live in the nearby large city. Calvin is a joy and the most adorable baby. His smile lights up the room. Paige lives in the large city and also works in a factory. She has a very sweet cat named Munster who enjoys racing around her home. Ally lives where the rest of the kids live and works for a foster home with teens. She loves her position and the support she provides. I've been working for the post office in a nearby tiny town. The position provides some much needed social interaction and a little income. Mike and I having been doing some traveling in the US a couple of times a year. There is so much variety and beauty to see.

No comments: