Monday, April 28, 2008

What's for Dinner?

I need to go grocery shopping, but am trying to eat from the pantry and freezer for the next week. This evening I asked the kids what they wanted to eat for supper. After listening to the refrains of "I don't know", I took a poll. Three of the kids wanted quiche. Four of the children were VERY unhappy with the quiche choice, but didn't strategically work together to pick something else.

My wonderful husband made Breakfast Burritos for lunch after church yesterday. There was quite a bit of the sausage, onion, potato mix left. I made two pie crusts and put the sausage mixture in the bottom of the crust. The sausage mix was topped by left-over slices of sharp cheddar cheese and then mixture of 5 eggs and a dollop of milk. After dotting the mixture with some white cheese, it was baked for 50 minutes at 325 degrees.




The children loved this meal. The quiche was served with homemade biscuits and applesauce. One quiche is supposed to be 8 servings, but two quiches served my 7 children and 2 adults.

No comments: