Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Daily Frustrations

I've noticed that when the days are cooler and the sunlight is not as abundant, I am more easily frustrated. It might be that school is back in session, or that my extended family is having a lot of struggles, or that we're still needing to ssstttrreettcchh our money as far as possible, but my frustration level is reaching new highs.

There are always so many things that don't get done each day. The children (especially the younger 2) aren't getting enough of my attention. Our meals are not a healthy as they should be. I'm struggling with one child about almost everything.

Yesterday, I completely lost it. School has been going fairly well. Almost all of the children are keeping up with their daily assignments. The house is reasonably tidy. Unfortunately, my youngest is developing a nasty attitude. She's also VERY whiny. I hate whiny. Another child hasn't been keeping up with her math. She's 4 lessons behind. The other children are tired of her tone of voice and bossiness. They are retaliating. It is not pretty.

At one point, she was very disrespectful to me. I told her to find her birth certificate because I was sending her to public school. By the time we found the birth certificate (inability to find important documents can be a blessing) I had calmed down and was able to speak to her in a calm and loving manner. I gave her the option of public school or home school. If she wanted to be at home, she would apply herself to her studies and would have a kinder attitude. She decided that she wanted to remain at home. Today has been much better.

I realize that this child has some serious health issues in her life. I understand that puberty is a difficult age. She wants to be treated like an adult, but lacks maturity. She has made many strides in behavior and attitude recently.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry to hear things have been hard lately. I completely understand what you're going through right now and will remember you in prayer. Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself.