Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Storage

My mom recently gave me an old dresser that she had stored in a pole barn. The finish was bad, but I planned to paint the dresser for my daughter to take to college. My daughter is living off campus in an apartment with three other girls. Each girl has her own bedroom, but none of the rooms are very large. The dresser was too large for my daughter's bedroom.

Yesterday, my sons helped me move the dresser out of the garage and paint it. We used three coats of white paint and the dresser looks terrific. After it had dried, we hauled the dresser down to the play room where it will hold all the dress-up clothing and Barbie dolls and clothing. I was able to empty out 3 large plastic storage bins. The playroom looks more organized and less like a room with millions of storage bins.

No comments: