Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Republican Convention

Fred Thompson is a wonderful speaker. As I sat in my lazy-boy watching the convention last night, I was once again impressed with his ability to inform and excite his listeners. I'm not a big McCain fan, but I will vote for him in November because he is better than Obama. After hearing Fred Thompson speak about how McCain's life experiences demonstrate his character, I felt a little better about my choice.

Unfortunately, Lieberman's speech did not continue to solidify my decision. My biggest gripe with McCain is how he throws away Republican core beliefs and sides with Democrats on social and economic issues. Does anyone remember the Kennedy-McCain Amnesty bill for illegal immigrants?
After a few minutes of listening to Lieberman talk, I turned off the television and read a book. I hope tomorrow is better.

No comments: