Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Wow! I just returned from my second trip to the vote this morning. No, I didn't get to vote more than once. My husband and I arrived at 7:30am, so he could vote before going to work. After 35 minutes we were still by the road on the sidewalk about 150 feet from the door. We failed to dress appropriately and were cold. Mike is going to vote after work and I returned around 9:00am. I just got home. Voter turn-out is extremely heavy in my precinct. Michigan has two proposals on the ballot this year. The first is to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes. The second is for embryonic stem cell research. Hopefully, the voters who don't disagree with the proposals on religious or ethical reasons will think about long-term problems for society if they pass.

I'm discouraged this election day, but will remember that God is in control.

No comments: