Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Cooking

  • Tripled-recipe of Dressing
  • Two Pumpkin Pies
  • Doubled-recipe of Glenda's Mandarin Orange Jell Salad
  • Mashed Potatoes (10 pounds)
  • Doubled-recipe of Apple Crisp
  • Vegetable Tray
  • Nuts, Celery, Grapes chopped for Waldorf Salad
  • Olive and Pickle Tray
  • Braunschweiger Dip
These are the items that my children and I prepared for tomorrow's feast. I love making my mashed potatoes in advance. I have so much more time to spend with family, when I'm not peeling potatoes for hours.

Tomorrow morning, Mike will get out of bed early and put the turkey in the oven. Amy and I will make dinner rolls and finish the Waldorf Salad. Just before dinner, we will steam the broccoli and corn. I don't serve yams, sweet potatoes, or cranberry sauce any more because no one eats them.

My mom will be joining us for dinner and and afternoon of pinochle. After left-overs for supper, we will walk through the Festival of Lights downtown and return home for hot chocolate. This is not a good day for my diet!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: