Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Musings

I had planned hitting the early-bird sales on Black Friday. Unfortunately, I caught a cold/sore throat and was up most of the night. I fell asleep around 4:30 am and didn't get up until 9:00, so many of the great deals were already sold out. The Kmart store was closest to our home and I reached their parking lot around 9:30. After making purchases at 3 stores, my shopping was completed by 11:30.

Overall, the stores did a magnificent job of scheduling staff and providing customer assistance. I was approached and offered assistance in all three stores. Check-out time was less than 10 minutes at each location. Aside from the crowded aisles, it was better than my normal shopping experiences. Shoppers were friendly and courteous.

I spent the afternoon wrapping gifts. There are a few more items to purchase for gift exchanges, our 3 December birthdays, etc. But, most of the shopping pressure if off for the remainder of the year. Whoopee!

No comments: