Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Seven Things from a Kreativ Blogger who can't think of anything else to write about

Glenda bestowed this award that comes with a meme. I enjoyed learning more about Glenda, so here is mine. Thanks Glenda!

Seven things I did before children:

1. I forced myself to get up at 6:30 to jog and do aerobics before work.

2. I drank Diet Pepsi for breakfast.

3. I bowled several times each week (and averaged 189.)

4. I enjoyed shopping.

5. My house was clean at all times.

6. I listened to pop/rock music in the car and sang along.

7. I owned 70+ pairs of shoes. (Today, I cringe at the waste of money and closet space.)

Seven things I do now:

1. I own 6 pairs of shoes/slippers and don't want any more.

2. I spend evenings playing Guitar Hero or Dance Revolution with my kids.

3. I spend more time reading blogs and email than I do socializing with people in person.

4. I listen to talk radio in the car and drive the kids crazy.

5. I delegate more house hold cleaning, than I actually accomplish myself. There are seven children and only one me, so I don't feel too guilty.

6. I take the kids swimming 5 days each week for family exercise and love our time together.

7. I cook almost everything from scratch.

Seven things I would like to do:

1. Travel around the USA with my family.

2. Take an African safari, visit Egypt and most of Europe.

3. Lose weight.

4. Conquer my fear of heights.

5, Be debt-free.

6. Learn to speak a foreign language well.

7. Have a closer relationship with my sister.

Seven things that attract me to my husband:

1. His even temperament.

2. His sense of humor.

3. He always pitches in when anyone needs help with a task.

4. His love of God.

5. That he wants to spend his free-time with me and the children, and does.

6. That he occasionally surprises me with flowers or Diet Pepsi or gourmet coffee when he knows I'm having a rotten day.

7. The kindness and respect he shows to strangers.

Seven things I say most often:

1. I'm not going to ask you again.

2. Please, go flip a load of laundry first. I'll do the folding.

3. No.

4. Love you!

5. Please, get out of there!

6. Pick up your stuff.

7. 50 item pick-up time!

Seven people I am tagging:

Laura

Michelle

Barb

Cheryl

Melody


Kari

And anyone else who wants to play along.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

You're welcome and I enjoyed getting to know more about you. Fun!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

In our home, we *cycle* laundry, not *flip* it. Funny, huh?

Michelle said...

Thanks Karen!
I'll get to this after this weekend! I have to work and I'm so far behind that I didn't even find your tag until today! :)

Kari said...

Hey Karen, wouldn't ya know, I just decided to check out your blog again and I was excited to see my name! I've never been tagged with anything before and I really don't know what to do! Help! I enjoy reading about your days!

Kari B