Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Completing Projects

During the massive sewing I did for Christmas last year, I ran out of time and zippers to complete two dresses each for Paige and Allie. I boxed the unfinished dresses into a box with material and patterns. Katie needs more fabric for her dog clothes business and I started looking for suitable material. At the bottom of the pile were four almost finished dresses. Both girls have grown a lot this winter (at least for my family) and are now wearing size four. The dresses are size four and won't fit the girls next fall.

So this afternoon, I ignored the dusty surfaces and folded piles of laundry. I managed to put in the zippers in about 40 minutes and will iron them this evening. The girls were happy to get new dresses, but the usual excitement was missing. When asked what the problem was Paige responded, "We should be getting short sleeved dresses. It's the wrong time to get long sleeved hot dresses."

We're supposed to get snow this weekend and early next week. I'm sure that they will be happy with their warm, long sleeves Sunday morning.

No comments: