Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's Garage Sale Time

Tomorrow is the big day. We will be having our garage sale. This is the third weekend that we have planned to hold our sale, and once again rain is forecast. The garage sale happens even if it rains. I want my clean garage back. It will also be nice to have a little extra money. I've already sold my old dishes and two tricycles. Hopefully, a huge dent will be made in the remaining items tomorrow or Friday. On Saturday, everything remaining will be delivered to Good Will.

The kids and I made tons of progress on organizing and decluttering items over the last couple of weeks. Our garbage has been around 3 full garbage cans each week. Even with 9 people in our household, it's waaaay too much trash. On the positive side, the exercise room has been completely cleaned. All toys have been sorted out and placed in the appropriate storage container. The walls have been washed. The carpet has been cleaned. The treadmill, bike, exercise steps, weight bench, television, DVD player, and exercise DVD's are all ready for use. I gave them a short workout yesterday.

Here are some of the other "big" jobs that were completed. The canning jar storage area is organized, dusted and ready for the remaining jars to be filled with goodies for the winter. My laundry room is immaculate. All the laundry and ironing is caught up. That will only last until bedtime tonight. The youngest girls' bedroom is organized and thoroughly cleaned. All the windows were washed. All the flower beds and the vegetable garden is free of weeds.

The only nasty jobs still remaining on my list are painting the house exterior, painting the youngest girls' bedroom, touching up the paint in the family room, and painting my bedroom ceiling. My bedroom ceiling hasn't been repainted since we bought this house 17 years ago.

No comments: