Saturday, July 25, 2009

Laugh-Out-Loud Book

Yesterday, I picked up Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank and Other Words of Delicate Southern Wisdom. The author, Celia Rivenbark writes with a sarcastic tone discussing everything from taking your kid to Disney World to statement that a "Mrs. Wonderful" doll should say.

I tend to read myself to sleep and woke my poor husband with poorly muffled laughter. Mike asked what was so funny, so I read excerpts of the book aloud. Mike thought they were hilarious also.

There is some bad language used throughout the book, but it isn't constant and tends to be an occasional h*** or sh**. I certainly wouldn't listen to the book on tape, but enjoyed the authors pithy comments. If you need a quick, humorous book written from a mom's perspective, Don't Dress..... might be what you need.

No comments: