Saturday, August 15, 2009

At A Loose End

Mike and I have decided that we ARE going to move within the next 6 months. We really need to get out of this neighborhood and would like to be out in the country on about 1-3 acres. Thursday, we viewed a home near the city where we go to church, about 15 minutes north of Mike's work. The home was just placed on the market. If we purchase this home, I will be replacing drywall (which I enjoy doing), installing flooring, painting, etc. Many of the children would attend the local public school. Some of the older children would prefer to homeschool and would assist me with some of the remodeling.

I like to get most of my lesson plans prepared during the summer to make the school year be better organized. Not knowing where we will be living this fall and winter makes lesson planning potentially a waste of time. The new school year is approaching quickly and I should have some idea what to do with the kids. I'll probably do a few weeks of planning, using some of the materials that we already own. It's just unsettling to not know what to do.

No comments: