Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Christmas Winter Crafts


I had some fairly large winter print scraps in my material stash, so I decided to make winter napkins. There was enough fabric to make 9 napkins that were 12" square. My family has gotten a great deal of use from the napkins that I made earlier this summer. The napkins have washed up very well and have remained free of stains!


Recently, I purchased Christmas print pillow material from a garage sale. Storage is always a concern at my house, so when I sewed the pillow pieces together, I used snap tape to close one side.







In December, our normal throw pillows will get placed inside the Christmas pillow covers. The pillow covers can be stored with the Christmas tree skirt during the rest of the year.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

What a great idea Karen. I never thought about using snap tape on a pillow to make covers. Cute pillows.