Monday, October 26, 2009

Three down, many to go

Amy, Katie, and I got a lot of painting done at the other house on Sunday. I picked up paint on our way into town. Michael dropped off 4 of the kids before he headed into work. The plan was to paint the dining room and kitchen. I purchased two gallons of satin paint and we went to work. There are two large closets off the dining room and an entryway into the living room, so I figured that two gallons would complete both rooms and would have enough left over to do periodic touch-ups. Katie tackled the closets, Amy did the edging around the ceiling and windows and I rolled paint. We completed the dining room in a few hours. Amy painted the kitchen ceiling and I worked on the walls. Katie painted the laundry area which is off the bathroom. Amy and I were also able to finish the downstairs bathroom before my in-laws dropped by for a visit. Katie worked on priming the walls of her bedroom.

The other children spent several hours raking leaves. Our neighbor explained that the city will suck up the leaves that are raked into the road. Horray! There was 8" of leaves covering all our property (approximately 1/2 acre) and only about 1/3 of the leaves have fallen. The trees were all a brilliant orange/yellow. The yard was so beautiful when I first arrived. I'll look forward to enjoying the color change next year, when we will be there to see it!

No comments: