Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Window Treatments

The dining room and kitchen have an somewhat open floor plan in the new house. So I decided that I wanted the window treatments to be the same. The decision was finally reached to make a valance from a geometric patterned fabric that uses copper, black, and beige. Then, I realized that the chandelier in the dining room is blue and white. This chicken print fabric was discovered Saturday. It will coordinate with the family room colors and contains some blue, which will match the dining room.



This is the valance for one of the dining room windows. I used a blue piping around each section to provide a more formal look. It also brings out the blues in the fabric.



The kitchen valances have a gold rick-rack around the entire curtain. It has a country feel, which I wanted in the kitchen. There was enough fabric left over to make some kitchen hand towels and potholders.



Sorry that the photos aren't better. My camera doesn't deal with differences in light very well. The hand towel photo gives a much better idea of the colors.

No comments: