Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Princess and the Tree


Amy took all the kids sledding at a local park for me this afternoon. I used the time to pack up some boxes and worked on the laundry. After they had been gone for about 1 1/2 hours, they returned with bad news. Allie needed a trip to the emergency room. She had ran into a tree on her sled. The tree won. Allie needed 6 stitches. According to the emergency room staff, her face will be a mess for 7-10 days. She was such a big girls throughout the whole episode, Mike fixed her strawberry smoothies as a treat when he got home from work.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

ouch that looks like it hurts. Hope she gets better soon.

Kari said...

Oh, give her a hug for me. Hug Amy too...that must have been hard for her to have to do. And while I'm at it...here's a hug for you as well.

The house? Wow. You make me tired just listening to all the work that you're doing!

Kari