Saturday, June 19, 2010

Water Fest is Over

Today was the last day for Water Fest. Mike and I walked downtown with all the kids to watch the parade. I wore sandals and have the blisters to prove my stupidity. When we arrived at the parade location, we learned that the parade was cancelled. Instead of the parade, we wandered around looking at exhibits and greeting some of our neighbors. I met some more of the kids friends who that run into around town.

After returning home for supper, the older children went to the site where the fireworks were scheduled to happen. Mike and I planned to head downtown again with Paige and Allie when the fireworks began. We didn't need to walk downtown! We watched the entire fireworks show from our front yard!!!! Yippee! I know where we will watch the 4th of July fireworks this year.

No comments: