Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sewing Update

A small amount of sewing managed to get completed this month. While sorting through a box of stuff that had been put in a closet for later sorting during our move, I ran across a quilt top that was completed last summer. The hand quilting around the applique was finished, but the borders needed to be quilted. The applique for this quilt was done the year we began to home school many, many years ago.

The quilt borders were quilted by machine and purchased seam binding was used. It's been 8 or more years since I've used purchased seam binding. Seam binding is no longer as stiff as it used to be. The fabric used is softer and works better with 100% cotton than the old polyester seam binding of my youth.

There are several flaws in this quilt, but I'm happy to have it completed and off my "to do" list.

Four skirts for Paige and Allie were made one day a few weeks ago. The pattern was slightly modified from 3 tiers to 2 tiers. Paige enjoys wearing long twirly skirts and this style met her requirements. While the girls were trying on the completed skirts, their friend asked if I could make her a similar skirt, so they could be triplets. I'll have to see if I can squeeze one from the remaining 2/3 yards of fabric.

Another large sewing project was completed this morning. I can't talk about it until Saturday, because Madelyn sometimes reads my blog and the project is for her birthday.

No comments: