Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dieting Again

The holidays are over and I managed to only gain 1 pound in December. Even with eating cheesecake, pizza, Crunch n' Munch, and regular soda on New Year's Eve! Hurray! On 1-1-11, I began the Medical Weight Loss cleanse again. The cleanse is supposed to remove all carbs from the body and eliminate the body's craving for carbs and sweets.

Mike has promised to purchase me a really nice camera if I meet my 2 month goal. The goal and camera reward were my idea. Working towards a goal is extremely motivating for me. I've set the goal fairly high, but obtainable with good food choices and regular exercise.

My current exercise goal is to be walking/jogging/bike riding 10 miles each day by the end of January. I lack motivation to exercise when it's cold and gloomy outside. All I want to do when the temperature drops is to grab a hot drink, a throw, and curl up on the sofa with a good book. None of those activities are helpful in losing weight.

Todays Menu

Breakfast
1 boiled egg
1 cup skim milk
1 cup bran flakes
1/2 cup blueberries

Lunch
3 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup celery
1 orange

Snack
3 cups air-popped popcorn

Dinner
6 ounces mustard seed crusted salmon

I didn't get all my vegetables, fruits, or grains in for today because I need to go grocery shopping. Hopefully, it will be less snowy tomorrow.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Okay so what is your goal, not the weight you are trying to get to but lbs for the 2 months. I just figured out my goals for 15 weeks. I need to get a reward though. You are so far ahead of me :) Catch me up friend!

Bikermom said...

I have a goal in mind too. Your daily commitment inspires me. I used to do that sort of thing. I am still nursing a baby though and between becoming challenged meeting his needs, getting breast infections which require rest and extra fluids, I am getting no where fast. I teamed up with a friend to meet a goal and sort of make it a contest to motivate each other. The challenge starts tomorrow. Here we go!

Karen said...

Melinda, I'd like to hit 40 pounds in 9 weeks. Yes, it's a high number, but I only have 30 left to do after the cleanse week.

Bikermom, Teaming up with a friend will be very helpful. I actually have two friends and my family cheering me on and inspiring me through my journey. Sometimes, that little nudge is all that is necessary to keep me making good choices. As Melinda wisely told me, "It's a journey, not a quick fix."