Tuesday, January 11, 2011

He Loves Me!

Amy's car died over the weekend. We aren't sure if we're going to get it fixes or if she's going to save up for a new vehicle. In the mean time, she's borrowing my van or Mike's car to get to her jobs. Mike's car has 400,000 miles on it and my van also needs some work. Both of our cars need tires. Mike has been pumping one of his rear tires each morning because it becomes flat overnight.

Today, Amy was getting ready to go to work and Mike tells her to take his car, because he's taking my car to get tires. He doesn't want me driving on bad tires or having to change a tire while on the road. What as act of selfless love! It got me thinking about ways that people show their love for one another. Mike and I aren't "mushy" people. We prefer cards that make us laugh to ones that are sappy sweet.

In general, most men are less verbal than women. Women like to vocalize their feelings. Men act on their love by doing things. When Mike comes home and makes dinner, he's telling me that he loves me. Other acts of love include starting the van on cold mornings, getting out of bed to help a vomiting child and letting me sleep, suggesting and accompanying me on a letterbox outing, fixing the drawer in the bathroom vanity that Allie broke by standing on it, never asking what I've done all day when he comes home and the house is in disarray.

Don't feel too bad for him though. He's getting new tires tomorrow. And I'll probably iron his dress shirts this afternoon. Women can show their love by actions as well.

No comments: