Sunday, August 28, 2011

Madelyn Turns 13

Madelyn turned 13 yesterday. It's such a big birthday to her. She is now officially a teenager. It was a quiet birthday. She had wanted to do a sleepover, but we don't do Saturday night sleepover parties. I don't want to miss church, nor do I want other people to miss church.

Mike was able to come home from work around 5, so we didn't let her open her presents until he got home. She chose egg rolls, chop suey, rice, chocolate cupcakes and Sundays for her meal. It was just a little rich, but delicious.

We watched the new Doctor Who episode that we had been waiting for all summer. I tried to get pictures of her opening presents and blowing out her candles, but the lighting was horrible, so I'm not posting them.

Happy Birthday Madelyn. I hope your teen years are happy and filled with laughter, wonder, and growth.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Happy birthday to her from me and my Dancer!

Karen said...

Thanks Barb! The message was passed along. Madelyn says to tell the Dancer hello and thanks!