Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dance Battles

Amy came home from the gym on Sunday and saw my youngest girls moping around on the swings. They were bored because their friends were visiting non-custodial parents and two of the neighborhood girls were being unkind. Amy entered the house and a short time later came downstairs with her CD player. She set up the player on the deck and music began to play. My curiosity was aroused, so I walked over to the window and looked out.

Amy was teaching Paige and Allie various dances that are done at sporting events like the ChaCha Slide, Cotton Eyed Joe, and the Cupid Shuffle. They were laughing and having a great time. The next time I looked outside, I noticed that the girls who were being unkind to my girls were now standing next to the road trying to do the dances by watching my children.

A few minutes later, one of the girls' parent came outside and turned on his car stereo to the Macarena and was teaching the other girls that dance. It made me laugh! The neighbors turned their stereo up full blast and tried to drown out Amy's CD player. My girls continued to dance together for a few more minutes before coming in the house, tired and sweaty. It was great exercise and they were no longer bored.

The next afternoon, the neighbor children came by and asked if they could play with my girls. Would Amy come out and dance with them too?

No comments: