Monday, March 19, 2012

Home Improvement

Mike's been busy getting projects completed around our home. Big projects.

Replaced the plaster walls by the stairs with wainscotting
Sanded and stained the wainscotting
Sanded, stained, varnished and installed a hand rail for the stairs
Installed new flooring in the downstairs bathroom
Installed new flooring in the dining room
Last night, he began sanding the wood floor in the kitchen.

I'm so happy to see so many projects getting started and FINISHED. Our home feels much more relaxing when there aren't projects screaming to be done. We have a few more big plans for this summer and I'd also like to tackle the yard.

My gut feeling is that Mike wants to get all these things finished, so we can sell this house and move. He may discover when he's finished, that he won't want to tackle another whole house renovation. Either way, I plan to enjoy his accomplishments.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Awesome Mike! So many jobs get started at our house and left for later...that's why I give Wayne 3 years on a project! Enjoy the improvements!

Jasmin said...

Yes, you feel much accomplished when you have done new things for your house improvements. Me, I just done renovating our yard last weekend. I transferred some flowers from the ground to a pot then arranged them nicely.