Monday, December 9, 2013

New Appliances

The new appliances have arrived!  I love the large refrigerator.  Our former refrigerator was purchased 26 years ago.  Let's just say that we went from two people to 9 people without any increased refrigerator space.  No wonder I had to purchase milk every other day!  I can store up to 8 gallons of milk easily in the doors of the new one.  No more extra trips to the store for milk!


I had been really excited about our new stove.  It has five burners and a convection oven.  We've used the convection oven several times since the appliances arrived on Thursday and really like it.  The only feature that I'm unsure about is the oven cleaning system.  I checked that it had an oven clean feature and assumed that it was self cleaning.  It's not.  The instructions say to pour 1 3/4 cups of water and run the oven clean cycle.  Then scrape off the loosened spills.  Chemical oven cleaners cannot be used.  A few of my children who are superior cooks love to use the oven, but they tend to make huge messes in the oven.  My hardest task will be to make sure that any spills are cleaned up before the oven is heated up again, so the messes don't become hard baked and impossible to remove. 



No comments: