Saturday, July 26, 2014

Surprises

The summer has been pretty dull for me.  I haven't been able to do many of the things that I normally do in the summer.  After the extreme winter, it's been a little disappointing to have my activities so limited.  Mike surprised me one evening with a new camera.  My good camera died many years ago, and I've been making due with an inexpensive point and shoot model.

I love my new Nikon.  It is a great intermediate camera with both auto focus and manual focus capabilities.  The lens has a fairly good medium range.  Mike took me out to various parks so I could take photos.  The camera is a little awkward with the bad wrist, but I really enjoyed my new hobby.

Then, a few weeks later, Mike came home with a fabulous telephoto lens as an early birthday present.  He wanted me to be able to take good pictures at Madelyn's national cheer competition. I've been having so much fun learning how to use the various settings.  One of my favorite ways to use the telephoto lens is at the park.  I can sit on a bench or in the car and get close up photos of my children at play.  The photos are much more natural because my subjects don't even know I'm taking pictures. 

I'm looking forward to spending a great deal of time over the next month or so working on my photography skills.  I may even begin to teach the girls a photography unit for school this fall.

No comments: