Monday, December 31, 2007

Our Last December Birthday!


Yesterday, my oldest ds celebrated his birthday. We invited my mom over for the evening to eat dinner, visit with us, and add to the fun. My son belongs to Destination Imagination, which is a dramatic organization. He had a meeting in the afternoon, but said that he would be finished at 4:30. We told mom to come around 5-5:30 for dinner.


At 6:30 we called ds and found that they wouldn't be finished for another 1/2 an hour. Mom had brought some quilting books with her, so we spent the extra time picking out patterns we want to try. Ds got home around 7:10 and we were able to eat. He decided not to have cake. This is my second child that doesn't like cake; it must be alien genes. Ds chose Banana Splints which was a great change. My the fourth birthday in 6 weeks, we're ready for something new!


We gave our son a skateboarding lesson at an indoor skatepark. He's really excited about getting coaching on some new tricks. I hope that I'm allowed to be inside during his lesson to see what he gets to do.

No comments: