Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Isolation

January seems to hang over me like a gloomy mist each year. I'm not sure if it's the lack of sunshine, bitter cold, or post-December let-down. A couple of my good friends that I haven't talked to in 4 weeks invited the kids and I over this week. It was so refreshing to talk with non-family members. I love catching up with people and sharing in their joys. As a homeschool mom, it is so easy to get caught up in my day-to-day responsibilities and feel disconnected from the "real world".

At the dance studio, I ran into my friend who had hosted a weekly workout in her home gym. She had family visit for a month from Australia, so she stopped the workout. She wants to restart the group next week. I'm really looking forward to the next workout. After attending a "class", I am much more motivated to workout the rest of the week. There are usually between 2 and 6 friends who come to exercise. It's been really good for me to have this purely selfish time.

No comments: