Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Book Meme

Glenda tagged me for this book thingy that everyone has been doing. I can't think of anyone who hasn't already done this, so if you read this and haven't been tagged, consider yourself tagged.

Here are the directions:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.


The book that is sitting on the right side of the desk, actually inches from my mouse is A Monstrous Regiment of Women by Laurie R. King. I read the book a few years ago and took it with me today to read while waiting for children to be finished with activities.

"I sat for a minute at the telephone desk, whistling tunelessly, and then picked up the receiver again and asked for a number in Oxford. While waiting for the trunk call to go through, I retrieved the morning paper. The day's article on Iris Fitzwarren stretched one meagre piece of news (that the nightclub she had been in was raided by Scotland Yard late Thursday night, with a number of deliciously scandalous arrests) into two columns, but despite the writer's efforts, it was obvious that nothing was happening."

I need to confess that the actual page 123 is a chapter title page, which doesn't have the required number of sentences. It does contain this quote, "Let woman learn in silence with all submissiveness, I do not suffer a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over men, but to be in silence." credited to 1 Timothy 2:11-12

No comments: