Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I should have stayed home!!!


Today, I had some jobs that I needed to accomplish. I'm scheduled to do a lot of work this month and have had to reschedule due to the extreme cold and terrible driving conditions several times. This morning the weather man predicted temperatures in the mid-teens and snow storms tonight. I decided to try and knock out some of the jobs in a smaller town about 30 miles away before the snow storms began. It was 14 degrees when I left and two of the jobs had me taking multiple photos outside. After completing the first job, I headed to the post office to mail a package. As I was approaching my car a pick-up truck was trying to park near me. The driver was on the telephone and his vehicle rolled into me and knocked me to the ground. The man apologized and helped me out of the ice and snow. I assured him that I would be okay and got in my car.

The next job I needed to do was across the street and I quickly completed the assignment, which also involved several outdoor photos. It was snowing steadily the entire time, but I was able to get acceptable pictures. I was walking on the sidewalk next to a building. A car slid to a quick stop. The driver threw open his door, hitting me and knocking me to the ground. The elderly gentleman apologized and said that he didn't see me. My long black coat must have blended in with all the falling snow! I decided that it was time for me to go home. I'm pretty sore. One of my children pointed out to me that I now have a claim to fame. I was hit by two cars in one day and lived to tell the tale.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Oh dear! I hope you have no more injuries than sore bones and muscles. This sounds like an awful day.