Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Decisions, decisions, decisions

My high school sophomore has been contemplating various careers for further academic study. She hasn't made any decisions yet, but we talk about academic requirements for different jobs and the types of activities she enjoys. My 5 year old has obviously been listening in on our discussions.

The following conversation took place this morning.

Five year old daughter: "Mom, I have finally made up my mind. It was a big decision."

Confused mom: "What decision did you make?"

Five year old daughter: "I have FINALLY decided what I want to be when I grow up!"

Mom: "What?"

Five year old daughter: "I thought about it a long time and I am going to be a princess. Now all I need to do is find my castle."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Karen,

I love it! Very cute. 5 year olds come up with great blogging literature! :)