Friday, August 8, 2008

Freedom of Religion?

I usually listen to talk radio a few times each week. I enjoy hearing more information than is available from the evening news broadcast. The last few weeks, I've ignored all news broadcasts from all sources for various reasons. While reading my email this morning, I learned about this story .

Why are the liberal "freedom to do anything" crowd once again attacking Christianity? No one sues the publishers of The Koran or other religious writings as being discriminatory. What happened to freedom of religion? Unfortunately, we do not live in a free society.

I live in a country where a small segment of society has been allowed to tell everyone else what to do. They are willing to go to spend large amounts of time and money to go to court and change our laws. The majority of people are not willing to focus on others' bad behavior. I am offended at the beach when someone uses extremely foul language. I am offended when women and men walk around with their private parts exposed. The minority groups have been so vocal that now many of the things that were not said or shown in polite society are now considered acceptable.

No comments: