Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sewing

I completed several more "Christmas present" articles of clothing this week. The last few weeks before Christmas I am usually sewing 12-16 hours/day in a mad rush to complete all the projects I'd started. Sewing under a tight deadline is not fun. I had forgotten how much I enjoy sewing and completing projects. I even FINALLY figured out how to fix the tension on my serger.


This is a casual jersey top for my 9 year old daughter. I love how she looks in strong colors.


This is the second robe out of the same fabric. The only children who needed robes this year were my 3 and 5 year old daughters. I used two different patterns and used solid color edging on this robe, to avoid the "twin" look.

This beautiful knit has a metallic gold throughout the fabric. My 3,5,9, and 15 year old wanted articles out of this fabric. This dress is for my 9 year old daughter.

This skirt (for my 5 year old) is made from the same metallic fabric. I was also able to squeeze a long sleeved shirt for my three year old out of the remaining fabric.

No comments: