Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall Has Arrived

Boy, has it been cold at night lately. The weather gal is forecasting unseasonably cold
temperatures for the next week. We've been under heavy clouds. It's dark way too early at night. There is a lot of work to do to get ready for cold temperatures.

Inside the house today, the temperature never got above 60 degrees. The children were asking when we can turn on the furnace or light the gas fireplace. Every year, I try to hold out as long as possible. I always aim for Thanksgiving, but usually don't make it that long. Right now the furnace room is a mess, so I can't light the furnace anyway. The kids have piled boxes of outgrown clothing up against the furnace. There are all of the items that no one wanted to get rid of when they cleaned their bedroom stacked next to the clothing boxes. I'll have to kick everyone out of the house soon, so I can throw out (oops, I mean reorganize) their possessions.

The brighter side is that the leaves are finally beginning to change color in our area. Yesterday, I heard the crunch of fallen leaves for the first time this fall. I love getting the sweaters and warm pajamas out of storage. Everyone looks forward to candles glowing softly after the day is finished and when we can relax.

No comments: