Sunday, July 25, 2010

Christmas Cards and Gift Tags

The kids have been hanging out in the pool all weekend because it's been so hot and muggy. My method for keeping cool is to stay inside by the air conditioner and make Christmas cards and gift tags. It probably seems weird to make Christmas cards now, but free time is so scarce for me in the fall and winter that it is much more fun to make them in the summer. I chose very simple cards this year. The original plan was to use colored pencils to shade and color the designs. After adding color to one card, I realized that I preferred the cards to be colorless.




These are the gift tags that I will use on my children's presents. It's nothing fancy, but is a big improvement over writing their names on the gift wrap with black permanent marker.

No comments: